DSE Assessor Training
A one day DSE Assessor Training Course.
The Hub-4 DSE Assessor training course will train your colleagues to assess in line with the DSE regulations. We train your colleagues to carry out DSE assessments with our hands-on practical DSE Assessor training course.
What are the benefits of our
DSE assessor training Course?
Compliance with The DSE Regulations
Adding to your corporate well-being interventions
Reduction in Musculo-skeletal Disorders (MSDs)
Reduction in the number of days off because of back/neck aches
Small changes at a workstation can make a BIG difference
What is our DSE Assessor training course about and why is it needed?
DSE Assessor training will educate your staff about their duties as a DSE assessor, they will be fully prepared to recognise hazards and risks in the workplace and take actions to rectify any problems with users’ workstations to ensure their well-being.
As an employer, you are required to protect your workers from the health risks of working with display screen equipment such as PCs, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The DSE Regulations 1992 apply to workers who use DSE daily, for an hour or more at a time.
DSE Assessor Training course outcomes
Our DSE Assessor training course enables delegates to become certified DSE assessors through an engaging and stimulating learning experience which is CPD accredited to meet the specific requirements of The DSE Regulations, and you as employers, to be compliant with these mandatory Regulations.
Who is our DSE Assessor training course for?
DSE training is ideal for anyone with line management responsibilities, are team members and those selected to be DSE assessors or involved in delivering new staff inductions.
The delegates will be trained in accordance with the DSE Regulations to a higher level of knowledge than our 15-minute online DSE training course, enabling the learner to thoroughly assess the risks of other users’ DSE setup and take action to make them more ergonomic if necessary.
What is covered on our DSE Assessor Training course?
- The legalities of being a DSE Assessor, as required by The DSE Regs
- The main health risks associated with DSE work
- The consequences of poor posture, positioning and usage of workstation equipment?
- What causes MSDs
- Perfect posture explained
- The office chair: best height and distance to the workstation, lumbar support, angle of backrest, knowledge of all adjustability
- Positioning and usage of: monitors, mouse and keyboard, paperwork, laptop and tablets
- Analysis of workstation environment
- The benefits of taking breaks from computer work and stretches explained
- Solutions available for problems at the workstation
- Vision, eyesight testing, corrective visual appliances
- Analysis of your ergonomic workstation DSE checklist
- Actual real DSE Assessments undertaken under our tutelage
- A Test of understanding with Certification of successful course completion for candidates passing the Test.
DSE Assessor Training FAQs
- We have been involved with The DSE Regulations since 1998.
- Our CEO Gerald Whitehouse was a member of the Ergonomics Society’s committee working with the HSE in revising these regulations in 2003/4.
- Our assessor training course is very hands on, with a lot of one on one training with regard to evaluating and assessing a workstation, identifying what’s wrong and what the solution(s) is/are.
- We do not sell any products, so we are unbiased in choice of any equipment, recommendations of which we keep to a minimum.
- There are no third party delegates, all with their own agendas, so we can concentrate specifically on your delegate’s / and organisation’s needs.
- The delegates will leave our course confident in their ability to undertake a real DSE Assessment with competence the next day.