An online introduction to Mental Health Course
An accredited CPD online mental health awareness training course, which could be described as a mental health first aid course, is to promote mental health awareness to all your staff. This will enable them to better identify, understand and cope with the symptoms of poor mental health.
Poor mental health is costing your organisation about £1,035* per employee per year. An investment in mental health awareness training for your staff, will demonstrate your care as a mindful employer and is a commitment to the well-being of your workforce. All this whilst boosting their productivity in an improved happy working environment.
What is our mental health awareness training course about?
- Mental health is explained
- Banishing the stigma of poor mental health
- The fluidity of mental health. The mental health continuum
- The main causes triggering poor mental health in the workplace
- Coping strategies
- Identifying the symptoms of poor mental health
- Preventing poor mental health
- Improving and managing poor mental health
- Supporting those with poor mental health
- Wellbeing and Mindfulness explained with examples
We offer one of the leading online mental health awareness courses.
The course is written by a leading authority on Mental Health, Ann McCracken BSc (Hons). MSc. ARCPath. PGCE, Dip Clin Hyp, Dip Stress Mgt. Dip Coach. Cert CBT EBW Adv. MHA FISMA.
Ann is an award-winning Author, Scientist, Educationalist, Psychotherapist and Training Consultant. Author of The Stress Gremlins™ - Strategies for stress and ˜How to get Back your MOJO™. Motivational and Keynote Speaker on many aspects of mental health. Accredited ISMA Trainer & Coach, Vice President and former Chair ISMAUK, (International Stress Management Association UK.)
Why do you need a mental health awareness course in the workplace?
Mental Health Awareness has stormed to the top of many organisations’ agendas, as Senior Management realise the vital economic importance of good mental health in the workplace.
One in four adults have been diagnosed with a form of mental illness at some stage during their lifetime. (Source: Annual Health Survey) This impacts not only on the individual, but has wider implications for their work colleagues, family and the wider society, reducing productivity and putting a strain on relationships.
Research shows happy employees are 12% more productive. You can also reap the savings from reduced presenteeism, which is costing you a fortune, and absenteeism. (Mind)
How will the course help your workforce?
Our online mental health awareness course will help you, your colleagues and staff:
- to recognise the causes, signs and symptoms of mental illness
- to manage mental illness more effectively, delivering strategies of best practice to help cope and resolve poor mental health
- to make small adjustments in order to encourage tolerance and understanding within your organisation
- to reduce the costs of poor mental health to the individual as well as the organisation.
- to raise your profile as a mindful employer with well-being interventions
How will it help your Organisation?
You can also reap the savings from reduced presenteeism, which is costing you a fortune, and absenteeism. (Mind)
How long does the Online Mental health Awareness Course take to complete?
Timings vary of course dependant on the individual.
The average time taken is under 20 minutes, which includes a Quiz and a recorded Test.
Successful users will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Course completion.
Who should take our mental health awareness course?
Our course is designed with everyone in mind, not for yourself and managers, but for your colleagues and staff. We believe that by educating and raising awareness of workplace mental health, we can help reduce the costs of poor mental health, in your organisation, associated with presenteeism and absenteeism.
Do you offer bespoke training content?
We do indeed offer a bespoke content service for our online mental health awareness course, making exclusive to your company and tailored to your requirements. There is the option of changing the wording and imagery, as well as the ability to add or delete pages, with links to your intranet or other web sites.
Is an e-learning Course better than face to face training?
No, but there are significant advantages:
- Consistent training
- Thousands can be trained at a time
- Database records understanding
- No out of office expenses
- No non-attendees
- Completed at a time to suit each individual
- Refresher training at any time
- Very good value for money
Will I get a return on my investment?
Deloitte report an ROI of up to 9% when you invest in an effective mental health initiative.
We know that the cost of poor mental health, which is the leading cause of sickness absence in the UK, is an average of £1,035 per employee per year. We can reduce that.
" Training your staff on mental health is important to promote mental wellbeing". They lso tell us that FTSE 100 companies that prioritise employee engagement and wellbeing outperform the rest of the FTSE 100 by an average of 10%.
What are you waiting for?
Coming soon...A Course for Managers
A Managing Mental Health e-learning training course for managers: .
- The relevance of the Equality Act 2010
- How to implement the HSE Management Standards relating to Mental Health
- How to implement ‘reasonable adjustments’ to support a diagnosed Mental health condition
- The costs of not dealing with Mental Health in Organisations
- Psychosocial benefits of supporting good Mental Health
- Understanding Stigma and its effects
- The importance of great Communication
- Tips to manage ‘difficult’ conversations
What do I do now?
Buy now or Contact us for an indepth review of what you are looking for
with one of our trained consultants